I began a nursing career in 1979 in Sydney after spending time as a volunteer in hospitals at age 14. My love of nursing has spanned over 35 years in a variety of medical settings including as a Surgical Nurse, Midwife, Family Planning and Lactation Consultant, Intensive Care and Coronary Care Nurse. I then tried Theatre Nursing before further diversifying into Community Nursing, GP Nursing and more recently as a Hyperbaric and Woundcare Specialist.
Simultaneously, Complementary Nursing held a fascination for me with clinical studies indicating improvement in the health of patients who tried other methods of healing outside of the more traditional medical care.
As a grandchild of a Soldier captured in Crete in the Second World War and kept in Concentration camps for 4 years, and the daughter of an Air Force Officer who worked in the Middle East, I found myself working for a time as a nurse with Vietnam Veterans in the Psychiatric Unit of Concord Repatriation Hospital. All of these experiences impacted on me in various ways and increased my desire to understand trauma.
When a series of tragedies entered my own life, it was instinctive to me that I leaned towards discovering more about complementary health. In this way I survived the sudden deaths of my 17 year old son in 2007, then my younger sister, brother in law, and finally the father of my children.
Not only did I survive but I also flourished and went on to study grief and loss counselling, Reiki and many other modalities of wellbeing including Kinesiology and the practices of body, mind and spirit rebalance.
One cannot change the past. However we can discover methods of living comfortably with it and around it with compassion and understanding for the journeys we have taken.
I specialise in Reiki, grief processing, palliative care, nurse-counselling and teaching methods of self-care. I am passionate about sharing a road to healing and finding the gifts of life amid our trauma and challenges.
I offer a holistic base to my care as:
- Master Reiki Practitioner/Teacher
- Holistic Counsellor (Diploma of Holistic Counselling)
- Kinesiology (Touch for Health Cert 4)
- Advanced Practitioner in Australian Bush Flower Essences
- Workshop Facilitator – Cert 1V Workplace Training and Assessment
- Guest Speaker on the topic of grief and loss, life challenges, intuitive processes and hope.
- Certified Teacher of Meditation
- Certificate of Palliative Care
I am also the author of ‘The Flowering Gum’. This book is accepted by TAC, Road Trauma, Grief and Bereavement, Australian Reiki Connection and is in their Resources Library. The book is also used as training manual for Open Hands Holistic Counselling and Learning Services. Editorials in Gippsland papers and Casey News.
Writer and blogger:
As a contributing writer of the International inspirational women’s magazines with Sibella Publications, I invite you to follow along and read my articles in Sophia, Luminous Wisdom, which can be found at: http://www.sibellapublications.com
You will find my Blog page attached to this website. Grab a cuppa and enjoy your reading time.
Past events include being a speaker for:
- The Swedenborg Association, Sydney and Melbourne 2015
- The Afterlife Explorers Conference – Sydney 2015
- Casey Radio 99.7 2011
- ABC Gippsland Radio 2011
- Contours Women’s Gym 2011
- Grief and Bereavement Support Group 2012
I am a member of:
- ARC – Australian Reiki Connection
- AHPRA – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- AARP – Australian Association of Reiki Professionals
- IICT – International Institute for Complementary Therapists
I hope you enjoy your visit to my website and take away some helpful ideas. I am here to assist you in whatever way I can.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
To contact Alex, please call 0409 009 924 or email [email protected]