A Fusion of Practitioner Care and Foundation Care of Palliative Clients
Dear Practitioner of Reiki
Thank you for expressing your interest in expanding your Reiki knowledge into the medical arena.
The following details will hopefully answer any questions you might have.
Please feel free to call me on +61 409 009 924 with anything I might have missed.
With pleasure, I invite you to attend a full weekend retreat to increase your knowledge and ability in the area of seriously and terminally ill clients. This fully endorsed course will support you to provide additional skills in your Reiki practice allowing you to work confidently within any environment. I aim to provide a safe place for you to become confident in giving Reiki care in any setting whether home, aged care, respite or medical settings and to provide a supported space for Healers where you feel understood and mentored in your journey of becoming the best practitioner you can be.
In working alongside medical staff with this sensitivity, Reiki makes a difference to clients, family and staff.
There is a strong focus on the concept of self-care and self-awareness in delicate situations such as terminal illness. With a sensitive approach toward ourselves, we can go forward to become sensitive practitioners to others and become acutely aware of our environments and in this case, environments of very ill people.
Date: Sat 12 October to Sun 13 October 2019
Prerequisite: Completion of Level 2 Reiki
Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: Mary Mackillop Centre, Auckland
Investment: $700 Includes manual, catering, and certificate
Telephone Danielle to register on 02 7431 2210
Is this retreat for me?
This unique course has been created for Reiki Practitioners who are serious about assisting clients with high needs and wanting to fit comfortably within the medical system.
We explore boundary setting, appropriate communication, legal issues, adaptive Reiki, compassionate detachment and debriefing, self-exploration, familiarity with patient equipment, appropriate behaviour in medical environments and much more.
We will also focus upon our individual needs as healers to improve our self-care with encouragement towards inner love and burn out prevention.
Come along and enjoy the fusion of empowering knowledge and pampering!
What is included in my retreat?
Since this retreat has been created to provide care for healers as well as providing information based on professional caring levels, you will enjoy:
- A warm Saturday welcome in a beautiful retreat
- Self-care activity and a Pamper Pack
- Meditations and a Reiki Circle
- All catering of nutritious lunches, snacks, drinks and smoothies.
- Two days of training with self-reflective time and discussions built in on the subject of End of Life.
- Your certificate
- Your manual for coursework “Foundation Care of Palliative Clients for Reiki Practitioners”
What does the course component cover?
- What is Palliation?
- Reiki Review
- Anatomy and Physiology of Body, Mind and Spirit
- Illness from the Eyes of Our Client
- The Presentation of Life Threatening Illness
- The Benefits of Reiki
- Practitioner Protection for Both the Physical and Spiritual
- The Reflexologist and Reflexology
- Introduction to Health Care Facilities – Types of Centers, Referrals and Approach
- Working Within Health Care Facilities: Legal requirements, Ethics and Boundaries
- Being a Professional: OH&S, Consent, Insurance, Confidentiality
- Personal Values, Ethics, Boundaries, Acceptance and Bedside Manner
- Reiki Skills in a Medical Setting: Hand-to-Hand Reiki, Adaptability and Positioning
- Contraindications, Wounds and Awareness of Devices
- Sensitivity and Communication –Listening, Responding and Reporting
- When it is Time for the Soul to Depart
- Detachment and Debriefing
- Helpful Tips for Practitioners
How do I book my place on this course?
You are welcome to contact Danielle Mahoney on 02 7431 2210 and register your interest.
Your total investment in this course cost is $700 and a deposit of $100 will hold your place, which can be paid via either PayPal or bank transfer.
To pay by PayPal or credit card,
click on the button below.
or pay by bank transfer
Naturally Vibrant Healing Centre
Mrs Alexandra Browne-Hill
BSB: 033 369
A/C: 371136 (Swift code: WPACAU25 for international bank transfers)
Once booked, you will receive an email of receipt and a booking form to return. You will also receive a welcome letter to remind you of our exciting adventure together one week ahead of the course.
Something to consider
If you have experienced recent grief, please consider whether you have had enough time to process your current grief. It is often suggested that you give yourself enough time to process your loss before undertaking grief work and terminal care. Allow yourself between a minimum of 18 months and two years.